With the summer months just around the corner, it is time to be thinking about eating your favorite ice cream again. With the rise in commercial ice cream prices at your local grocery store, making your own frozen yogurt or ice cream home is a great choice to save money. Plus making your own ensures control over the freshest ingredients, no preservatives and the ability to create your own favorite flavors.
Reviews on the Cuisinart soft serve ice cream maker are very high. It takes about 20 minutes to make with very simple instructions. It is recommended to keep the bowl in the freezer so it is ready to go when you get in the mood to make frozen yogurt or ice cream. Here are some pros and cons with the Cuisinart frozen yogurt ice cream and sorbet maker:
- Makes delicious finished product in 20 minutes
- Easy to use and does not require special salt or ice
- Simple directions that even a child age 9 can follow
- Comes with a 3-year limited warranty
- Your choice of white, red or turquoise
- Bowl cannot be placed in the dishwasher
- Ice cream or yogurt comes out as soft-serve thick
- Needs another hour in freezer to become hard ice cream
- The machine can be noisy at times
- May be hard to store if your kitchen is small
The bottom line is the Cuisinart frozen yogurt ice cream and sorbet maker is a great brand and this type of machine to make your own frozen yogurt or ice cream has come a long way from the hand-crank or styles that required rock salt and ice! Having a machine to make your own ice cream at home is the perfect gift for anyone who has a family or just loves ice cream!