Contrary to people’s opinions, gelato and ice cream are not actually one and the same thing. Instead of the cream present in ice cream, the prime ingredient of gelato is actually milk, effectively making it contain less fat than the other frozen treat. Furthermore, this ice cream machine is actually denser in ingredients and flavors, simply because it does not need to have air whipped into it like ice cream. As such, if you want to make gelato, you will need to purchase a gelato maker and not an ice cream machine, and when it comes to gelato makers, nothing compares with the DeLonghi GM6000 gelato maker with self-refrigerating compressor.
We found Amazon.com to have the best prices on all Ice Cream Machines including the DeLonghi GM6000 Gelato Maker with Self-Refrigerating Compressor. Click here to check it out.
Product Features of the DeLonghi GM6000 Gelato / Ice Cream Machine
The DeLonghi GM6000 gelato maker is not just your average ice cream machine or gelato maker. It has the following features:
- A self-refrigerating compressor. As those who have previously owned an ice cream machine or gelato maker can tell you, other models actually require you to freeze a separate canister for at least 24 hours before you can actually make use of the ice cream machine, which is a difficult requirement to ask from people who have very limited freezer space. Knowing and understanding this difficulty, the DeLonghi GM6000 Ice Cream Machine has instead integrated the freezer in the ice cream machine so that you get the coolness you’re looking for instantly.
- Airproof lid. The technique to making great gelato is to make sure that no air enters the mixture. The transparent lid that comes with the DeLonghi GM6000 seals off the bowl from air in order to keep the consistency and temperature of the gelato perfect.
- Low noise. Unlike other kids of ice cream machine or gelato maker that makes a lot of noise, the DeLonghi GM6000 ice cream machine is very quiet when it runs, so you don’t need to worry about the noise level while making gelato.
- Removable and dishwasher-safe lid, bowl, and paddle. In this ice cream machine, the paddle, bowl, and lid can easily be taken out and cleaned, making it easy for owners to tidy up after they have made their delicious gelato.
- Sleek design. The silver, sleek appearance of the DeLonghi GM6000 Ice Cream Machine is very attractive, so much so that you would be proud to have it sitting on your countertop for your guests to see.
- High-quality materials. The DeLonghi GM6000 ice cream machine is made of top-of-the-line materials to ensure that you get a good product that makes great gelato. These are highly durable so the unit will not break down easily.
- Comes with a recipe book. If you know next to nothing about making gelato, don’t worry, because each DeLonghi GM6000 ice cream machine comes with a recipe book that you can follow to make your frozen creations. Of course, you can also make your own wonderful creations by mixing your favorite ingredients as well.
Aside from these features, the DeLonghi GM6000 ice cream machine boasts of being one of, if not the easiest to use gelato maker in existence today. You don’t need to use rock salt or pre-freeze bowls in order to prepare your frozen desserts. Instead, all you will need to do is to put in the ingredients in the bowl (milk, fresh fruit, confections, and such) in order to make your own delicious gelato. The mixing paddles are also created so that it will be able to mix the ingredients quite well, creating the perfect consistency for your frozen desserts.
The DeLonghi GM6000 has been specially designed so that there would be no wait time between batches, so you can churn out gelato continuously, perfect for those who will be preparing the frozen treat for parties and don’t have a lot of time to spare. Furthermore, the ice cream machine and gelato maker actually has quite a large capacity at 1.2 quarts, which is more than enough for a medium-sized family.
What Do Customers Have to Say about the DeLonghi GM6000 Gelato / Ice Cream Machine?
A simple glance at the reviews available online shows that most buyers are simply raving about the DeLonghi GM6000 for its great features. Some of the features of the gelato maker they’re praising include its appearance and design, the construction of the unit (which is quite sturdily built), durability, functionality, ease of use, and its low noise level. They also love the fact that the pieces can be easily cleaned and stored after use.
Probably the only complaint you will find about the DeLonghi GM6000 is that a customer experienced the paddle breaking after a few months of use. However, this happened to only one (or a handful of people at most) individuals, so it’s a problem that’s not too common. Furthermore, there are also replacement paddles available, so there’s a ready solution to this problem.
Is the DeLonghi GM6000 Gelato Maker Worth Buying?
Yes, the DeLonghi GM6000 gelato maker is definitely an appliance worth investing on, more so than any other kind of ice cream machine out there. This way, you don’t have to go to Italy (or the local mall) in order to enjoy a delicious cup of gelato. Instead, you can simply and easily whip your own batch at home with no hassles or worries with the DeLonghi GM6000 Ice Cream Machine.